What is a guest list event?
Use the Guest List Event type if you have a list of people that you wish to upload into Akkroo and then 'check-in' when they arrive at your event.
You can also collect information from any new arrivals that aren’t on the original guest list, plus ask additional questions after an attendee has checked-in or registered.
Set up a guest list event
1. Click on Events on the left hand side and then click on the blue Create Event button.
2. Choose the Guest List event type and give it a name and date.
3. Answer the questions that follow to determine whether you want to add new registrations if guests aren't on the pre-uploaded list, and if you want to ask further questions.
4. You will see that the Full Name and Email fields are fixed questions, these can not be removed or edited. If a guest turns up and is not on the guest list, they can register and input their name and email. These two fields won't appear for guests already on the list.
5. Add additional questions into the form builder that you would like to ask attendees.
6. Once you have created your form for the guest list event, click 'Save & Finish' at the bottom. This will redirect you to a page to upload your guest list.
7. The guest list spreadsheet must have at least 3 columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
- (Or you can choose to do Full Name in one column instead)
You can choose to have further columns that will show in the export and in the app itself when the attendee checks in.
8. If the spreadsheet you uploaded has titles in the columns, you can select 'First row are headings'. You then just need to go through and click on first name, last name, (or full name), and email as mentioned above from the drop down options. For all of the others, select 'Keep Data' if you want it to show in the export post event.
9. If your spreadsheet does not have titles, do the same for first name, last name, (or full name), and email. When you select 'Keep Data' for the other columns, you will need to input their title e.g. Gender, Phone Number etc. Click 'Next'.
10. Now you will be asked what data you would like to show in the app when a guest checks in. Tick the ones you want to show. Click 'Save'. Your guest list will now upload to the event.
11. You will now see that your guest list has been uploaded into your event ready for check ins.
Be sure to sync your devices to pull through the event and the uploaded guest list. To do this, connect to a strong wifi.
Please note - you are NOT able to check an attendee in twice, so be careful of testing the event in the app once you have uploaded the list.