Using our check-in functionality is a great way to get more from your lead capture experience. You can now import a list of invited people into your event beforehand and capture new walk-ins on the day - whilst marking them as having attended your event. This functionality adds an Attended Status to your records, which you can export this as part of your post-event data analysis.
Things you can do with check-in:
1. Import a list (csv file) of invited people before your event (in the Dashboard)
2. Mark people as having attended your event (in the App)
3. Amend contact details during your event (in the App)
4. Add records for new attendees/walk-ins to your event (in the App)
5. Export an Attended Status with your records post-event (in the Dashboard)
🖥️ Show me how! Setup a check-in event in the Dashboard
1. Login to the Dashboard and Create New Event
2. Click on the “Track attendance” toggle
3. Proceed to your form builder
4. Click “Save & Finish”
🖥️ Show me how! Upload a list of invitees before your event
1. After you’ve setup your event form, click on “Upload a file…” to upload a csv file* containing the list of invitees
2. Next, you need to map your headings (the dropdown menu) to the corresponding form fields. For example, the column containing email addresses would be mapped to the ‘email’ field in your form. Data that isn’t mapped to your form will be discarded.
3. Then tap “Next” and you’re done!
*A couple of notes on your CSV file
1. Your spreadsheet should be formatted with either of the following columns:
First name | Last name | Email | Any other columns that relate to your form fields
Full name | Email | Any other columns that relate to your form fields
2. In order for our system to read your CSV file, please use the following settings:
- encode the file as UTF-8 - you can usually find this in the Save As dialogue box.
- set commas as the delimiter (separator) - you do this in the computer settings:
|1. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
2. Open the dialog box for changing Regional and Language settings.
3. Type a new separator in the List separator box [this needs to be a comma]
4. Click OK twice.
|1. Go to System Preferences, click on Language & Region
2. Click on ‘Advanced…’ and set the ‘Number Separators’ to a comma
3. Click OK.
Note: After you change the list separator character for your computer, all programs use the new character as a list separator. You can change the character back to the default character by following the same procedure.
📱 Show me how! Add an Attended Status to a record in-App
1. Login to the app and navigate to your event
2. Tap the ‘plus’ button
3. Type the attendee’s name
4. Select their name from the drop-down list or add as a new record
5. Confirm or add attendee’s details*
6. Complete the form (if applicable)
*Note: you can only check-in a record once. You may want to include a couple of test records within your CSV to check-in when testing your setup.
You told us what you wanted - but did we deliver? Let us know how the new check-in functionality measures up to your expectations: email@example.com