Send lead data from Akkroo directly to Microsoft Dynamics 365. To setup your integration, you'll first need to configure API access within Microsoft Azure and add some key information into your Akkroo account. Follow our step-by-step guide here to get Microsoft Dynamics 365 fully integrated with Akkroo.
What this integration feature can do
- Create new leads in Microsoft Dynamics 365 (both on-premises and cloud applications)
- Add data to an existing lead if one already exists with the same email address
- Passes the data in real-time
What this integration feature can't do (yet!)
- Create or update other Custom Objects
How to setup your integration
- In Microsoft Azure - configure a new application registration:
✔︎ Assign permissions
✔︎ Add reply URLs
✔︎ Generate Key Value
- In Akkroo (at account level) - connect Microsoft Dynamics with Akkroo and authorise the account
- In Akkroo (at event level) - add integration to specific event/s and map form fields to those in your CRM
To switch on this integration feature, speak with your Customer Success Manager or contact support for any help.
🖥Show me how! Setup your Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration
Locate your Dynamics Instance (URL)
You’ll need your Dynamics Instance later, so we recommend having this to hand before you start (it will help speed up the integration process). Your Dynamics Instance will have a URL format: https://<URL name>.crm.dynamics.com (for more information, see Dynamics 365 Documentation) and can be located by following these steps.
- Login to home.dynamics.com
- Click on ‘Dynamics 365’ to open the side menu
- Click on ‘All apps'
- Click on ‘Sales Hub’
- Note your ‘Dynamics Instance’, which you’ll see in the first part of the URL (write this down for later!)
Create an App Registration in your Microsoft Azure account
- Login to your Microsoft Azure account portal.azure.com
- Go to ‘Azure Active Directory’
- Go to ‘App registrations’
- Click on ‘New application registration’
- Enter a name for your application in the ‘Name’ field. This can be whatever you determine; we recommend using ‘akkroo_integration’ or a variant of this as it’s simple, descriptive and easy to identify if you have other applications in your Microsoft Azure account.
- Enter your Dynamics Instance into the ‘Sign-on URL’ field (see the above steps to identify this).
- Click on ‘Create’
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Go to ‘Required permissions’
- Click ‘Add’
- Click on ‘1 Select an API’
- Click on ‘Dynamics CRM Online’
- Click ‘Select’
- You're then automatically presented with ‘2 Select permissions’
- Tick ‘Access Dynamics 365 as an organization users’
- Click on ‘Select’
- Click on 'Done'
- Click on ‘Grant permissions’
- Click on ‘Yes’
- Go to ‘Reply URLs’
- Add the following URLs (if a URL has been automatically pre-populated, remove it):
- Click on ‘Save'
- Go to ‘Keys’
- Enter a value for ‘Description’. Again, we recommend using something easy to identify, such as ‘akkroo’
- Select expiration time frame (we suggest ‘Never expires’)
- Click on ‘Save’
- A string in the Value column is then automatically generated
❗️Important! Be sure to copy the ‘Key Value’ string and make a note of it somewhere secure. You will not be able to find this again once you’ve navigated away from this screen. If you lose this code, you'll need to go generate another Key (go back to 'Keys' in Settings).
- Go back to your named app screen and remain here while you complete the remaining steps (as you’ll need to reference this information later).
Integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Akkroo
- Open a new window or tab
- Login to Akkroo
- Go to the Account ‘Settings'
- Click on ‘Integrations’ and ‘Add new’
- Click on ‘Dynamics’ and ‘Add’
- Copy the following fields from Dynamics and paste into Akkroo:
|Copy from Dynamics||Paste into Akkroo|
|Dynamics Instance (URL)||=||Dynamics Tenant URL|
|Application ID||=||Client ID|
|Key Value||=||Client Secret|
- Note: Once you’ve entered the Dynamics Instance, the button ‘Get Auth URL’ will change to ‘Save Changes’.
- Once you’ve filled in the 3 fields, click on ‘Authorise Dynamics’
- This may prompt you to complete an additional step (in the instance of having logged out of Microsoft)
- Login to Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Redirects back to Akkroo
- Success! (Microsoft Dynamics has now been integrated with your Akkroo account)
Add Microsoft Dynamics 365 to an event in Akkroo
- In the Akkroo Dashboard, go to your event and click on ‘Setup integrations’
- Select ‘Dynamics 365’ and ‘Add’
- Configure your settings (how you'd like leads to be added to Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Map your form fields to those in your CRM
- Click ‘Save’
- You can then confirm the integration success by submitting a test lead in the app and seeing it appear in Microsoft Dynamics 365. Login to home.dynamics.com, go to 'Sales Hub' and click on 'Leads'.
For more information or help getting your Microsoft Dynamics 365 integration set up, contact your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org